Saturday, October 4, 2008

@ home in pocatello

So it's October and we've finally posted the rest of the wedding pictures. Well, maybe not all of them as there were over a thousand, but at least the favorites. As many of you know, Jared and I moved to Pocatello, Idaho about three weeks ago, and we've been asked numerous times..."What do you guys see in that place?" But we LOVE it here. We live in the avenues or the University Neighborhood Historic District just north of ISU(Idaho State University). Our ward is a wonderful mix of newlyweds, newly-parents, newly-parents with teenagers, and even a few newly-youth challenged individuals, and we absolutely adore it. In fact, our Relief Society President's husband was Kresimir Cosic's college room mate at BYU so I've loved hearing stories about the Croatian Basketball great who did so much to bring the church to his country. We are the second Tolman family in the ward, as the second counselor in the newly called bishopric is a Tolman, and although we are no relation, it sure does make a great conversation starter. Jared is working at Great Harvest as a Baker there and had this to say about it..."It could very possibly be the coolest job I've ever had!" So there you have it..the coolest job ever. He brings home as many loaves of bread as we can eat...so I certainly agree with the "coolest job ever" sentiment. He is also working at the Holiday Inn but that one isn't quite as preferred as the previous. I am still looking, but I've interviewed with some great companies and we'll see where it goes from there. Jared is also setting routes at the rock wall at ISU which is fabulous because it means that he and I get to climb for free. Right now I am working on grabbing onto the rope with both hands and trusting Jared to bring me down in one piece. Jared is a wonderful coach and I am very proud to announce that I can come down without bursting into tears! :) The leaves are changing and the smell of rain is in the air. What a beautiful time of year! Jared and I also enjoyed going to the Idaho Falls temple last week for a session and it is a beautiful "Temple on the River." Jared's brother Randy, wife and kids just joined us here in the marvelous Portneuf Valley and we helped unload the U-Haul last night. We are looking forward to having family and best friends so close. Until next time...be good, or be good at it!

1 comment:

  1. We are soooo excited you are here too!! I can't wait to get to know you better!!

    And you are tagged!

    ReplyDelete