Monday, June 2, 2008

our story

so many people have asked how we met and we both cringe when we have to retell the story, so we thought we would make it easier on ourselves by publishing it to the world! ;) in all reality of course, we love the story of how we met...but it certainly wasn't typical! jared and i were both rather lovingly encouraged to join the sweet little ldssingles website in order to "broaden our horizons" or at least "practice dating" and after I think only one message and a short chat session, Jared said he would like to meet me and of course I was terrified because this guy was too good to be true! ;) We met halfway between Provo and Manti in Nephi for lunch the next day, although at the last minute I went to text him to say that I wasn't going to be able to make it, but somehow instead, I found myself saying, "I'll see you in 30 minutes!" I pulled into the parking lot where he was waiting for me and he was sitting on the curb between an old beat up pickup truck and the most beautiful yellow mini cooper that i had ever seen! Of course, the thought that the beauty of a car could actually be his quickly left my mind, but when I stepped out of the car and asked with a grin on my face..."is this your car?" "yes it is!" he said. "Would you like to go for a ride in it?" that was it! it was over! it was love at first drive...oops...sight! ;) we ate lunch at J.C. Mickelsons and then he drove me back to my car. As soon as I pulled away I called my family and said, "guys, he is the most amazing guy I've ever met, but there's no way he'll call back!" He was too good to be true! But he DID call, while driving home and then again that night, when we talked for over two hours. We talked several times that week while he was working, and then came to visit just after he got home. He spent the weekend through Memorial Day with my family and I during my brother's high school graduation so needless to say, he was initiated rather quickly! ;) We fell for each other pretty hard, even after the VW door incident, me getting out of the car while it was still in drive, hours of scraping windows together, and me rockclimbing for the first time in a long time, and getting farther than I thought I would! (that's right....a whole 15 feet off the ground)! But jared rescued me as I know he always will. The day after memorial day, as we sat on my little sister's bedroom floor talking about anything and everything(I was wearing very attractive sweats by the way;), he asked me to marry him! Poor guy...I didn't answer for a few minutes because I kept asking if he was really asking me and if he was sure and probably not quite the answer he was looking for! but I said YES! He asked my dad and stepdad that night for permission to ask me to marry him and on July 19 2008, we will become a family! Jared and Jessica Tolman! Heavenly Father sees the end from the beginning! And he knows exactly what His children need. He is always willing to bless if we will only allow those blessings to come to us! Men are that they might have joy! We love you all!!!
-Jared and Jessica

2 comments:

  1. What a great Idea! I love the pictures of the day of wedding dress shopping. When Jared gets back from working, he will think this is great too. We are anxious to meet you this weekend! We are looking forward to it!! See you soon.
    Love Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could not be more thrilled! I cannot wait to meet your Jessica and make her a part of your other family! We love you so much and remember I am still not done hugging you yet
    Love,
    mamachele

    ReplyDelete