Sunday, February 15, 2009

happy valentine's day...

or rather...a happy valentine's WEEK! I have the best husband a girl could ask for! Every day was a new surprise! On Monday morning, Jared brought home a giant cookie with the words "LOVE YOU" written in delicious white frosting. Little did he know that there's always been a special place in my heart for "giant cookies" thanks to my wonderful parents!














(the giant cookie next to a shiny penny so you can get the idea of just how ginormous it was...)

Thursday morning, I woke up to the smell of french toast(with freshly made cinnamon burst bread) being prepared in the kitchen. What made this even more special is that Jared wakes up at 3:30 every morning to be to work by 4, and that morning, he had gotten off early, made the grocery store run, and finished the french toast all by the time he woke me up at seven thirty. Like I said...the greatest husband EVER!

Saturday(Valentine's Day), Jared picked me up from work with fresh flowers and Lindt chocolates and asked me to get dressed up for the secret night out he had been planning for over a month, and surprised me with a special Valentine's Day dinner at our favorite restaurant, "Senang's." It included an apple amuse, deconstructed chicken curry soup, marinated red beet spinach salad, braised New York beef rib with mushroom garlic rice, prawns in a lemon creme sauce with a red pepper risotto, a lemon sorbet "pallette cleanser" as they called it, and finally a flourless dark chocolate torte with fresh strawberries, all locally grown and prepared in a kitchen with an actual "sioux chef." (although I probably spelled that wrong) Everything was beautiful and perfect!














(Valentine's Day dinner)

Before the night was over, we saw "Coraline" which was super cute, but quite honestly a little scary! Definitely worth it!














(sweet 3-D glasses)

Yep! I'm the luckiest girl around! Happy Hearts Day y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty cute husband I must say, but mine will rival yours for the "best husband award" :) And I will rival you for "luckiest girl around"!!!

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come visit me when you come down. It has been forever and I really want to see you and catch up!!!!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Did you steal a menu to remember all that? That definitely make me laugh--remembering the SAUCE! Must have been a great date/dinner. Good thing you are feeling better so you could enjoy it!

    Know whats great about the best husband feeling? God is so good, He gives as many of us as he can "THE BEST"--so so many of us get that feeling! I am so glad for you both to have each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, I havent had the chance of meeting him yet...but I think that I approve already! I'm glad you had an awesome V-day! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete