Tuesday, August 12, 2008

twin falls







I have yet to write anything about our trip to Jared's old stomping grounds of Twin Falls, Idaho. We had so much fun. Jared and I packed up Belle(our beautiful eurovan) and drove all night through Nevada, snacking on flaming hot cheetos and gatorade! yummy! and we only had a few more hours till the sun came up by the time we finally arrived, so we camped out in the back of the van. It was super neat to see all of the places that Jared calls home...the houses he lived in, the schools he went too, etc... and we were even able to go climbing with Corey, where Jared worked on one of his current problems. Friday night we headed out to Murtaugh Lake where we met up with his brothers and sisters and set up our van-tent and everything...goodness sakes...Jared's incredible at that stuff. Then Saturday morning, the rest of the Tolman clan joined us for an incredible day of boating. The new thing they do is surfing on the wake just behind the boat and Jared did a fabulous job. Of course I was a pansey and didn't want to try, but I am very proud to announce that after almost all day in the boat, I asked Jared for his lifejacket and jumped in the lake. Jared and Randy did a great job coaching me and saving me from the attack of the killer lake-weeds and yes, the rumors are true. I did in fact get up on the surf board. I know. I know. Everyone else was surprised too. but I did it! That night we had a beautiful open house that Karla and Reba put so much into. Thanks moms!!! => We were also able to attend the Twin Falls Temple open house. What a beautiful temple that is. Even the detailing in the framing is reminiscent of the canyon that runs through the middle of the valley. It was absolutely exquisite! Jared also took me to see an up-close waterfall. And of course there was a behind-the-waterfall kiss! Sunday afternoon, Jared took us to see Sho-Shone Falls, which, from what I hear, are the tallest falls in the United States. We added just a few pictures of our trip. Hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment